Good news! I'm DONE flying with a one-year-old alone for a long while. Let's take a moment to celebrate that.
We took another trip Iowa last weekend. I'm all about enjoying the journey and not just focusing on the destination....unless we're talking about flying with a toddler. People actually travel across seas with these creatures, which is something I can't fathom. Actually, I can fathom it, which is why I choose not to.
Perhaps I was spoiled in Brady's early days. People congratulated me for flying with such a small baby by myself, not realizing that flying with a toddler is a way braver feat.
Eric flew out at a different time and I forgot to bring along my personal assistant, so it was Brady and I and navigating the skies ourselves. For the most part, Brady did really well on the flights. But the short time that he was less than perfect is brutal. Imagine wrangling a huge wet fish who was just pulled in and is flopping all over the boat while you try take the hook out of his mouth. And the fish bites. But it's a cute fish.
The best part of the trip was getting the whole and ever-expanding family together. We found out (via a cupcake filled with pink frosting) that we will be having another neice in January. Emma is having a sister!
Grandpa and Grandma wranging the grandkids
Thankful that we dont' have one of these in our house
Brady at the high school football game, warming up on the sidelines.
Naked play-doh date. Except only one kid followed the rules.
Leo and Brady bonding over cars
This at the Tiger exhibit at the zoo. The Jeep was much cooler.
Feeding the goat
Cute little Joey
And in case you haven't gotten enough pictures, here's a video of the chaos. I think my mom went into a coma for a few days after we all left.
No comments:
Post a Comment