Sunday, April 28, 2013

Lately

Things are a little crazy in the Hoots household and I'm not quite sure where to start.  So let's start by going over what I have not been doing lately:

-Blogging: Ending my 2-week hiatus tonight.
-Sleeping: Not sleeping much is normal for pregnant women, however, my lack of sleep has nothing to do with the baby #2.  Baby #1 with a splash of anxiety over life changes has had more of an impact on my sleeping habits.  Brady has decided to prep us for the new baby with a wave of late night screaming sessions.  Thoughtful of him to ease us into the transition
-Selling our house:  Still haven't done this.  Installing granite counter tops tomorrow to entice some buyers.  Kicking myself for not doing it 2 years ago when I was seriously contemplating it.
-Preparing for the baby: The single thing I have done for this baby was purchasing a double stroller off Craigslist (and that hasn't been assembled or looked at since we brought it home).  I have not gone through one box or pulled out one baby item that we might need.  Not knowing the gender and knowing we won't be in this house long is part of my problem.  That, and laziness.
-Picking out baby names: We were at a wedding this weekend and I found myself surveying the program for possibilities.  Our girl name is locked in but we have nothing in the boy column.  Which is a pretty sure indication that we're having a boy. 
-Counting down the days until the baby is here: Very different from Brady where each day we had to wait for him seemed like agony.  Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for the baby...really, I am!  I just have too much to do before s/he gets here.

What I have been doing lately:

-Buying a house:  Yeah, that happened today.  We bought a house! We put in an offer on Friday, I was a ball of nerves all weekend, and we came to an agreement and sealed the deal today.  So barring any big hiccups along the way, we'll close at the beginning of July. 
-Buying a house without a realtor: This wasn't by design, but we sort of stumbled upon the sellers who dropped their realtor and were looking to sell at a discount to someone without a realtor to save in commission fees.  Thankfully, we have an amazing realtor/friend who was understanding and who has helped us with the offer and all the other junk involved with buying a house. Eric knowing every human in Chapel Hill has come in handy as our lender and real estate attorney are also friends.  God has definitely put the right people in our path during the last week to make a very stressful week just a little better.
-Standing on my head: At last week's doctors appointment, I found out that the baby was breech.  Among other natural methods to attempt to get the baby to flip, standing on my head is one method my midwife suggested.  We have a hospital visit scheduled for Tuesday where they will try to manually get the baby to flip.  From what I hear, its about as comfortable as it sounds.  If it's unsuccessful, we'll schedule a c-section.

So there you have it.  Here's to hoping next week is a bit less exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment