I’m watching you sleep right now and I don’t think I could
love you more than at this moment. I
realize that may come out wrong. I do love
when my kids are awake and interacting, but right now, you are so peaceful,
lovable, and sweet.
You don’t get as much attention as you might deserve, but
you’re pretty good at making your presence known.
Yes, you’re a crier. Sometimes a
downright screamer. And I hate not being
able to soothe you. Thankfully, you’ll
now take a pacifier. Props to whoever
invented those. And you seem to hate the car less and my nerves thank you for
that. We’ve got a big plane + car trip
coming up, so you’ll be tested as a traveler.
We went to the doctor yesterday and found out you have thrush! We hadn't been to the doctor since you were one week old, so there is no telling how long you've had it. I'm sorry I didn't notice....mommy guilt! The doctor says it can be asymptomatic, but it can also feel like a sore throat. Given your tendency to cry, I'm sort of leaning towards the latter. We got you some medicine and it has already cleared up. And it might be a coincidence, but you've been in great spirits today. We took two car rides and you were fully awake during one of the rides and I barely heard a peep! Maybe because you're feeling better, or maybe because it's your birthday (sort of). Either way, I'm happy to have a happy baby.
Not to be greedy, but now I just want one that sleeps at night. You had been doing better, giving me 3 hours stretches rather than 2, then last night you were up at 11...and 1...and 3...and 5:30. What gives? I'm going to have to have another baby in order to get a good sleeper. 3rd time's a charm, right? I'm teasing your father, since he thinks we're done having kids. I think we need to be less sleep deprived to make that kind of decision.

Jackson, your cries and your restlessness could not keep me from loving you. You are my precious child and I adore you completely.
Love,
Mom
Not to be greedy, but now I just want one that sleeps at night. You had been doing better, giving me 3 hours stretches rather than 2, then last night you were up at 11...and 1...and 3...and 5:30. What gives? I'm going to have to have another baby in order to get a good sleeper. 3rd time's a charm, right? I'm teasing your father, since he thinks we're done having kids. I think we need to be less sleep deprived to make that kind of decision.
Jackson, your cries and your restlessness could not keep me from loving you. You are my precious child and I adore you completely.
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment