Thursday, August 7, 2014

Dress up: Not just for girls

Brady plays dress up all day long. His first change usually comes right before naptime. He takes off whatever clothes he was wearing in favor of a jersey, basketball shorts, a warmup shirt (any long sleeve t-shirt), and high socks. My rule is that if he wants to take clothes on and off during the day, he has to do it by himself. I break my own rule sometimes when his head is in the arm hole or he's having a nervous breakdown because he can't get a sock on. But I try to be supportive...to a point.  

Brady's other favorite past time is asking questions. A lot of them. Here's our exchange before nap today:

Brady: I want to put my shoes on.
Amy: You can't wear shoes to bed.
B: But I wore shoes to bed yesterday.
A: Well mommy didn't realize that. But from now on, you can't wear shoes to bed.
B: But I need to wear shoes like the basketball players.
A: Basketball players don't wear shoes to bed
B: Why not?
A: Because shoes are dirty and they would get your bed dirty.
B: Why are shoes dirty?
A: Because you wear them outside
B: Why do you wear them outside?
A: Go to sleep.

These are the conversations I have all day long. 

Oh, and dress up is also not just for kids. 


Who doesn't have an Australia jersey lying around?

No comments:

Post a Comment