Holy moly, what happened to December? My apologies that my blogging has been sporadic lately. I have many excuses and some of them are good. 1) Three children 2) traveling husband 3) sign- making business 4) three kids. I have been pleased with Happy Hoot Creations in its early stages and I didn't anticipate the Christmas rush to be quite as busy as it was. Traffic on my Etsy shop has picked up and I've had about 30 orders, many of them in the last month. I even sold a sign in which someone requested Duke blue (shhh, don't tell my husband I sold out for a quick buck). I have wrapped many signs for strangers...and very few presents for the people I know. I've sold over 100 signs since I started back in July, and while I've enjoyed it thoroughly, I am ready for a slow-down. I just wish their were more hours in the day.
I signed up for a craft fair a few months ago, not realizing how busy I'd be this month. I had a pretty healthy inventory, aided by the fact that I took about every non-personalized sign off of our walls. So a successful sale means some empty wall space. Eric was out of town, so the boys spent some time at Grandma and Pop's house while Avery and I sold some signs. I got a few bids on her but her price tag was too high. Her rental price is quite reasonable, however.
I wish there was a customer loyalty program at Home Depot/Lowes because we'd be getting the loyal treatment.

And here are some other random pictures from December.


We haven't yet made our trek to Iowa.... that starts tomorrow morning. But already, this is how I feel:






No comments:
Post a Comment