I will be more prepared next year so I'm not scrambling. So yes, I have been so busy and would have had to turn down some more orders if it weren't for my mom's visit, so I was thankful to have her!
The kids were thankful to have her too!
My mom got to see all sides of Avery this trip. The first day she mentioned how wonderful and easy she was to watch. Her tune changed a bit after an extra day. A conversation with Eric about Avery.
Eric: She's independent isn't she? Does she remind you of anyone? (looking at me)
Mom: Amy wasn't like that. She was independent but she wasn't so...um....bossy.
Avery can't say much but she will point, grunt, cry, and make her intentions known. I'm slave to her daily so it was nice to share in the love.
My mom was scheduled to leave Sunday and we dropped her off at the airport before church. We ended up leaving church early to pick her back up since her flight was cancelled and she was rebooked for the following morning. Everyone (with the exception of maybe my dad) was happy! Especially since the temps had turned and it was almost shorts weather!
I was extra thankful when I got hit hard with a stomach bug that night. Eric sleeps through everything and even he woke up to my violent puking. Ugh, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. I felt functionable the next morning, though I was thoroughly exhausted and was dreading the whole day with the kids by myself. My mom volunteered to pay to change her flight until later but I decided to tough it out. We took the familiar drive to the airport at 10 am and I braced myself for the day. Then I received the good news that my mom had gotten bumped (voluntarily, for a vochure) to a 6pm flight. She ubered back to my house and I immediately passed out. So yes, Grandma was the gift that kept on giving this Christmas season!
We are now heading to the other Grandma's house! Looking forward to a much needed break and hopefully, some extra quality time with my pillow (and my family).
No comments:
Post a Comment