Christmas is over, Trump is president, but who said the fun has to stop? We've had some highs and lows lately when it comes to medical/bodily situations. On the positive, the tooth fairy made her first appearance at our house. And she should have just hung out and slept in our tent a few days because she had to come back just a few days later. The 2nd tooth was pulled in the middle of Home Depot while I was shopping for paint supplies with all three kids. Which is a pretty fitting because there's lots of multitasking going on these days.
Pardon the bloody mouth.
On the negative side, we're dealing with pink eye for Avery right now and have miraculously avoided spreading it. Except Eric. Which is slightly funny, given that out of myself, Brady and Jackson,he is spend the least amount of time with her the last few days. Getting eyedrops and both her eyes three times a day is been an act of God. I'm dealing with one stubborn girl who does not like to do it she does not like to do.
This picture has nothing to do with her pink eye, but when I get frustrated with her, its the type of picture that makes me laugh and love her so much.
Last Wednesday, Eric was thoughtful enough to offer that me and the kids drive down to Winston Salem for the day. The team was playing Wake Forest that night and he had a hotel room at the Embassy Suites for the day. Since we were on day five of snow/ice days, accurately assessed guys be nice to get out of the house. So the plan was for us all to drive down in the morning together and the kids could swim at the pool and I would take the kids back before the game. That morning, as we were driving down I 40 about 15 minutes away from our destination, as all three kids were sleeping, Brady started vomiting all over himself. By the time I got to the backseat and Eric pulled off to the shoulder he was still throwing up. It was an excessive amount of vomit. It was a challenging cleanup process and it required us to make a stop at Target for bags, Lysol spray and wipes, and the new booster seat. Thankfully, Brady felt OK afterwards and the kids up for swimming and having a good time. After lunch, Eric had to go to practice for a few hours which left me and the kids in the hotel. Which would've been totally fine had I not gotten really sick. It's actually unrelated to Bradys stomach bug, I have my own medical issues I am trying to work out, but basically I get terrible stomach pains and heartburn that leaves me pretty worthless.
It was in that state I found myself with three kids in a hotel room. Brady got sick again and I deserve some sort of medal for being there for him while keeping Avery from inserting herself in the puke stream. But as with most things and parenting, you really just don't have much of a choice in the matter.
Parenting sucks sometimes. That should probably be first sentence in parenting manual that I'm working on.
Its also awesome.
Edited to add: to show you how long one post takes me to write and publish, Jackson has since acquired and got rid of pink eye. I really shouldn't be this hard!

No comments:
Post a Comment