Avery has been doing "better" with her sleeping. I only spent two nights on the third floor and my recent "plan" had been feeding Avery one time a night and let her cry the other time(s). This has been fairly successful, and she usually cries for only about 10 minutes or so and puts herself back to sleep. Two nights ago, she woke up at 11 which is pretty standard. Going in to comfort her has proved disastrous so I listened to her cry for about 10 minutes and then we both fell asleep. She woke just before 5 (a great stretch for her) and when I walked into her room I was accosted with the smell of vomit. After taking a closer look at the vomit that was in her hair, on her PJs, and covering her blankets and stuffed animals, it was obvious that this was not fresh vomit. Poor girl had been sleeping covered in her own puke all night. Cue the mommy guilt.
So I nursed my smelly girl and stripped her down (while Eric took care of the crib). Her hair was so caked with puke that I had to give her a bath. She screamed bloody murder, even when I got in with her. To add insult to injury, when I got back in my own bed, I realized by bed companion (Brady) had peed. If only Jackson would have pooped his pants, we could have had a trifecta!
Avery seemed fine the next day except she didn't want to eat much (not much different than normal life). I took all three kids to the grocery store the next day and we weren't even out of the produce section when Avery started flipping out and wanting to get out of the cart. This is fairly common, so instead of getting her out and carrying her (which makes shopping a challenge), I doubled down and strapped her in. And she doubled down on screaming. So I got her out, my inner rage pretty high due to the fact that I had a total of one thing in my cart and already I had a screamer. And then she puked everywhere. Sorry Avery. Sorry Kroger shoppers.
Again, please withhold submitting your mother-of-the year nominations until my kids aren't sick, I'm better rested, and Donald Trump is no longer our president. Please let all of those come before 2020.
No comments:
Post a Comment