Friday, April 28, 2017

April update

We have finally settled down, sort of. Ok actually not really as I am now on a plane to Florida for a friend's wedding. And we were in Newton last weekend for Easter. And Eric's been on his barnstorming tour the last few weeks. But the kids are back in school, mostly back on schedule,  and we aren't living out of suitcases anymore, which is nice. 

 

Big news from the Avery side of our life...she is (mostly) sleeping though the night! Quite the change from the up every two hours she was experiencing in Phoenix. In contrast to Brady who as a baby/toddler I could take anywhere and he'd adapt very easily, Avery thrives on predictibility, consistency and routine. So basically the opposite of what we put her through in March.  A few days after we returned home from the Final Four, I decided to get serious about the sleep thing and let her cry during the night. It only took about 3 nights and now she pretty consistently sleeps until about 5 or 5:30.  I go in and nurse her and she'll go back to sleep for an hour. Unfortunately, I often don't, but I've had some productive early morning painting sessions before the rest of the house stirs.

She's also pooped on the potty a few times. I am not pushing the potty training thing, but every few days she'll sit on the toilet and her brothers and I will chant, "Toot, toot, toot, toot." She'll strain to try to get something out and everyone, including herself, will cheer. She's almost fallen in before because she raises both hands in the air. I have to be honest and tell you that it's one of the cutest things you'll ever see.

Avery loves her brothers, and their shoes.  Getting her to put hers on can be a challenge but she's pretty excited to put the big ones on.

 

She flat out refuses to hold my hand in parking lots but will reach for her brothers'.

 

She is fearless and marches to the beat of her own drum.

 

The girl says "mama" at least 350 times a day, and I'm ready to see her expand her vocabulary.

 
 "Don't you leave my sight, mama, I will fiiiiiiind you!!!"

Love that girl but I'm excited to be able to share her with her grandparents this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment