My baby is 6! But I know, you're definitely not a baby and definitely not cute. And you really love you mommy but maybe not in public. Watching you this past year start and almost finish kindergarten has been 85% heartwarming and 15% heartbreaking. You have thrived in school as I knew you would. You have been a leader since you were born and watching how you act around friends always brings me joy. It's weird and I don't always understand it, but your friends clearly have an affection for you and you are a kind friend. Your confidence is never lacking, and I hope that stays with you as you continue in to elementary school and middle school where life can get tough.
Another trait you have maintained since babyhood is a love of sports. You love playing, watching, drawing, talking about, and based on some things I've heard you say while sleeping, even dreaming about sports. You can mix it up with the best of them and it's so fun to watch you play.
You continue to be a wonderful brother to Jackson and Avery. Though a touch bossy like any first born tends to be, you encourage Jackson and even let him win sometimes. Usually around lunch each day, your brother starts asking, "When is Brady going to be off the bus?" and my job of answering questions and occupying your brother gets passed to you at 2:30 each day. I never want to take for granted how well you and your brother get along, and I know you play the biggest part in that. And you are so sweet to your sister. You make her laugh and she makes you laugh and there is just nothing better than that.
Brady, you made me a mom six years ago and I couldn't have imagined loving motherhood and you as much as I do. And I also couldn't have imagined the frustrations and difficulties that accompany it. You've been on the receiving end of misguided impatience and explosive anger and through it all, you love me back. Thank you for that love and thanks for who you are. Can't wait to see who you become.
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment