Here are a few random updates that involve traveling, and Avery.
New York! This was about a month ago, but worth mentioning for its awesomeness. Coach Williams received an award from the NY Athletic Club and we rode his coat tails. Here's a view overlooking Central Park from the club's roof, where we stayed (the club, not the roof).
This place takes itself pretty seriously, and has a dress code if you want to be in the lobby. If you're wearing workout here, or not business casual, you have to take it back elevator and take some stairs down to the back exit. And Eric got chastised for talking on his cell phone in the lobby, which I thought was pretty great.
We spent two nights and one full day, which we walked around the city with no agenda and no responsibilities. Pretty darn great.
The reception was nice, though long and thankfully they served wine which made listening to the emcee, Billy Packer, slightly more feasible.
Lake life! We spent Memorial Day weekend at the lake. Actually, I spent the first half of the weekend in heaven at home painting and I joined the rest of my family on Sunday.
Avery had turned into quite the water baby.
And I didn't get a picture, but Eric is a proud owner of a new jet ski and really is in heaven. Jackson, at first, would go on it but only go Shea Rush speed (11 mph) Hes gotten braver, and no he will go Michael Jordan.
I still never sleep! Avery is back to sucking at sleeping. Avery is back to waking up twice a night and generally for good around 5:30 (no matter what her bedtime). I'm wanting to go back to my "let her cry" modes, but we are going to the beach in a few weeks and I know everything will likely get undone when she's in a pack n play for a week.
Eric started camp last night and got to sleep in the dorms. Avery had a hard time going to sleep, and when I was putting her down, the side of her crib came off the rails, which sometimes happens. It's a good thing we are stopping in three kids, because this crib would not hold up through another one. I got the crib to a point where it was up, but wouldn't hold up to much pressure. About an hour after Avery went to bed, I heard a loud thump, followed by silence. I ran upstairs and this is what I found.
She had exhausted herself so thoroughly resisting bedtime, that she slept right through a fall off the bed. I was tempted not to move her, like maybe sleeping on the floor was the magic formula.
Avery looooves me! I should feel good about this right? I mean, I'm so wonderful, that my daughter wants me, and only me, all of the time. What could be greater than that? Oh, I know! Avery spreading the love among all those other people who love her. It's truly exhausting and oftentimes suffocating. Since she wakes up before 6 every day, it's nice to be able to share the early morning love with Eric. He is willing, she is not. Trying to go back to sleep while hearing her say, or often cry, my name is just not a recipe for sleep. And I have some girls to come over to babysit the kids while I work. But it's hard to be productive when Avery decides I am the ONLY one she wants to hang out with. Seriously, I'm not that fun.
God forbid another one of my kids needs me to comfort them or wants to sit in my lap. It's seriously amazing that the boys still love their sister.
But really, what's not to love?
No comments:
Post a Comment