It was such an honor for my "Paige boys" to be a part of Marcus and Taylor's wedding. They are the greatest couple and have meant a lot to us and our children.
Prepping for the wedding was quite the task. Explaining a wedding to a 4-year-old is not the simplest thing.. At one point when I thought I had adequately laid out how it would go down, when Jackson asked, "Will there be cheerleaders?" I'm not sure if he was expecting a sporting event (wouldn't be a stretch for our family), but despite no score to be kept, the boys did great walking down the aisle (which had to be moved inside due to weather), and they couldn't be cuter. Especially this one.
A picture of the boys checking out the wedding party taking pictures pre-ceremony.
Ready with their signs! (Happy Hoot Creations, of course)
The best family picture we could manage. Avery lost her mind before we left when I tried to get her to wear a nice dress. This was the ONLY thing she would wear. Pick your battles!
10 seconds of glory!
Not pictured, Avery without a flame.
I tried to get Jackson to smile less hard but I was laughing too hard.
Around this time Avery only wanted to be held and between the heat and my heels, that wasn't working for me. So I called my babysitter and we adjusted the "after-dinner pickup" to a "before-dinner pickup" for my youngest. It made the next few hours much more enjoyable and it was fun to experience the reception with just the boys. They went home before the dance floor was officially open, but Jackson and I did some dancing together and then he busted out some moves on his own.
What a night!
No comments:
Post a Comment