My parents have a condo in Phoenix, and my brothers were visiting with their families, so it turned out to be a great impromptu family reunion of sorts. I flew to Phoenix with the three kids (eek) while Eric was in San Antionio for the Final Four. It was a two-leg journey through Detroit, but the kids did awesome.
Nobody gets lost with bright colors.
Finally arrived and exhaustion has hit.
But not for long, because there are pools that need to be swum (swam?) in!
Eric met us a few days later and as he does wherever he travels, he hit up all the sporting events he could including the Diamondbacks and the Suns.
Two Tar Heels, Vince Carter and Justin Jackson.
I love this picture because Brady is so miserable and wants to jump out of his skin. Jackson is chillin.
We also hiked, which I loved and was especially impressed by Jackson, who didn't slow us down, never complained, and had a great time.
Brady did not like when I pointed out how high we were and liked to hug the inside of the mountain.
We also got lots of cousin time! Speaking of uphill climbs, try to keep this crew tame in the retirement community.
And of course, there was the elevator incident. Elevators are so much fun that Avery and her cousin Sawyer, who is 10 hours older and 10 pounds heavier, wanted to ride from the 2nd floor of the condo complex to the 1st floor.
I quickly realized we were very stuck. The kids had no idea for at least 20 minutes. We were armed with water, an orange ball, and some great attitudes.
I called for help and a 15 minute arrival of rescue staff turned into much longer. Avery said she had to pee about 30 minutes in and I assessed the practicality of taking the diaper off Sawyer and putting it on Avery. I didn't think that would go well for either party, so instead I turned on Peppa Pig which distracted Avery and also helped Sawyer, whose let's-party-in-the-elevator attitude was changing to get-me-outta-here. Lights randomly going out and the emergency buzzer sporadically blasting didn't help things.
We were freed after about 40 minutes with no tears, no urine, and an extra incentive to take the stairs.
No comments:
Post a Comment