Thursday, May 16, 2019

Madness of March (yes, its May)


Ok, I wrote this long ago, and have had blogging issues that I haven't gotten enough motivation to resolve.  Like, this wouldn't post, but my brain capacity and problem solving skills are just not what they used to be.  At the time of posting, I have no idea if you'll be able to see pictures, but at least you'll have the words that I wrote...over a month ago.


I am definitely overdue for a update about life.  I’m currently in a hotel in Columbus, Ohio.  Eric is with the team and it is so quiet in here I can even hear myself think!  I’m not sure that things are quite as quiet back at the ranch, but Grandma and Pop have things under control, I think.  March Madness is upon us once again, and while the kids will travel the rest of the way if we make it to that point, (hopefully Kansas City and Minneapolis), it is nice to have some quiet time, especially because Spring Break is Monday!  Lots of quality time with the kids.  I also got that last week, when we went to Charlotte for the ACC tournament.  Only Brady came with me to the second game, UNC vs. Duke, and I got a babysitter for Avery and Jackson (9:30 tip-off).  He was pretty miserable after the loss and I’m not sure that my pep talk on how amazing the game was, even though we lost, got through to him.  With the stakes even higher, I dread to see his face if our season doesn’t end with a win!  



His own season ended with a win though! The Bulldogs went undefeated in the Chapel Hill Parks and Rec league and it was fun for him being in a league where travels are actually called, and you can steal the ball from the other team.   And, on Eric’s birthday, we hosted the Bulldogs at the Smith Center to celebrate the season.

 


Jackson has started t-ball and is loving it.  He was drafted to the Orioles, which worked out nicely, since his brother was on that team last year.  Although he hasn’t yet been issued a uniform, he showed up for the first practice (and everyone since), in full gear.  

 

Avery is still very much Avery.  Despite efforts on our behalf against it, she has fully embraced her girly side.  She wants to wear dresses every day.  And not just any dress, the one she picked out (and annoyingly, the ones I like don’t often make the rotation).  The frillier the better.  She wants “down hair” every day, despite my thoughts that her hair looks better up.  She likes jewelry, makeup, and high heeled shoes.  She lets me know the days that she looks prettier than me (just about everyday, as I often live it workout clothes and have “up hair”). She is awesome though, and while having a shadow can take its toll, I just love her.






And she went to the dentist and did great! That was a hallmark moment!



Wear those teeth proud, girl!



Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment