Saturday, May 21, 2022

Letters to Brady: 11 years old

 Dear Brady,

Happy 11th birthday! Today is Saturday, just like the day you were born.  We were up early this morning, also like the day you were born.  This time, its for your basketball game.  Amazing how easy it is for you to wake up at 6 am for a game, but 6:45 for school is much more difficult!

You’ve had a great year all-around.  You’ve played more baseball and basketball games than I care to count, you’ve thrived at school, and you’re never short on friends to play with after school.  You are so well rounded and have many gifts.  I’m as likely to find you in the gym shooting a basketball as I am to find you curled up on the couch with a book.  One moment you are taking charge of a big group and organizing a game and the next you may be alone with your sketch pad drawing.  You’re quite the impressive artist and you could out-sketch me any day of the week. You are the ultimate hype-man and I love watching you while you watch your teammates succeed. Nobody is out of the dugout faster to chest bump at teammate after a homerun.   Regardless of how you are doing individually in a game, you always put the team above yourself, and I respect you for doing that so gracefully.

Your relationship with your brother continues to grow, and I am reminded how lucky I am to have two boys who love each other so fiercely.  Where we still have a bit of oil and water situation between you and your sister, I am thankful that you and Jack get along like gangbusters.  He looks up to you so much, and you’ve always been such a good brother to him.  Bummer for you, he may be bigger than you soon, so look out.

Brady, I love you this Saturday even more than the Saturday that you were born.  I am eternally thankful for the boy who made me into a mom.  Happy birthday.

 

Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment