"Wow, the time has just flown by."
When you become a parent, it is mandatory to repeat this phrase at least 5 times per year. What, did you not read that in the parent's manual? Well, you're probably in the clear because I know you've said it. And while I find this cliche to be true, it's also not.
I started this blog forever ago. Actually, it was just under a year ago, but it feels like forever. I was pregnant, with a baby, who's now a boy! How could all that have happened in a year? It must have been at least five!
From the beginning, I had a vision for my blog. I'd blog regularly and at the end of each year, I'd turn the blog into little book. As a teenager, Brady would run across the blog book sitting on the shelf. He'd dust it off, read the first entry and be hooked, reading it cover-to-cover, basking in the love and cleverness of his mother. He might even take it to bed, and read it under the covers with a flashlight. Of course, this will all happen on a Friday night, since he will be happily home with his parents while the other hooligans his age are out raising hell.
Or he could end up like his mother who's Friday nights would never be voluntary spent at home. Or he could be like his father who would never open a book unless it was on a syllabus. And even then...
The truth is, I have no idea how that kid will turn out. He might love books like his mom, or hate them like his dad. He might be a writer or perhaps he'll be more of a storyteller. He may be a skeptic and a cynic or maybe he'll be a believer. He might be content to sit and be still or he might never stop moving. He may be a minimalist, or a hoarder. He might be an introvert or he might never meet a stranger. He may like to ride bikes, but maybe he'll prefer to ride his unicycle.
It's exciting to think about what might be in store for Brady. We pray he'll get the best from both of us and hope that even if he gets the worst, he still won't turn out that bad.
So I hope you've enjoyed reading the blog as much as I've enjoyed writing it. But I've always thought you should end things before you get burned out.
So this will be my final blog entry.
Pysche! If I didn't blog how would I (and you) know when Brady took his first steps? Or when he pooped in the potty for the first time (no pictures, I promise). I'd actually have to write these things down in his baby book.
So I will blog on.
You had me there for a minute : ) Yes, keep blogging! The future Brady will love it. The future you will love it too!
ReplyDeletethis is why i must blog too....if I don't, I'll never know when (why, how, what) happened....because Payton's "baby book" stopped around 18 months and Owen's never even got started. So much for the plans and visions I had! I'm grateful for your blogging because I don't feel quite so far away when I can see close up shots of Brady's face...and picture him riding a unicycle one day!!
ReplyDelete