Here is Brady in our backyard. The apple Brady is eating was picked up off the ground. I have terrible memories of picking up apples from the trees in our backyard. The whole ones were easy, but many would be split open and bees would be swarming. My dad enjoyed torture, however, and did not see a couple (I swear there were at least a million) bees as a good reason why I shouldn't pick up the apples. I'm glad to see the apple trees are finally bringing joy to someone.
Also note the clothes line on the left part of the screen. Is there anyone you know who still hangs out their clothes? That's another backyard task I loved growing up.
My friend Shelby, and her little boy and new baby girl came over to play. I love this picture of Thomas and Brady.
Brady has never met a body of water he hasn't liked This is a fountain in downtown Des moines. Grandma was more than willing to take off Brady's pants and roll up her own.
Great shirt, cute model.
While I was doing my bridesmaid duties, Eric and my parents took Brady to the Iowa State Fair, featured in the book "1,000 Place to See Before You Die." After seeing some of the food choices, its not a stretch to say you're bit closer to death after you leave.
This is Brady connecting with his Iowa routes.
And the main event! The wedding (and bride) was beautiful. I went to high school and college with Molly so it was great to see lots of friends from different periods of my life. This is a picture of my senior year roommates from Trinity. Two girls from Kansas living with two girls from Iowa at school in Texas!
After traveling 7 of the last 8 weekends, its great to finally be home for a while. This summer was a blur, but a fun one!




My mom still hangs out her clothes, but it's in the basement. I'm sure they encourage one another.
ReplyDeleteWe miss you guys! Glad we could spend some time together while you were back. :)
ReplyDeleteLove the Iowa pictures, especially Brady in his Des Moines shirt and the last one, of course. Thanks for being an excellent bridesmaid and baggage check! Send me the roomates pic when you get a chance.
ReplyDelete~Molly