Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Tigger made his rounds around town today.  Eric is gone tonight and missed out on the trick-or-treating, so we made a visit to his office, after taking a visit to the park.


 
 
 


"Where's the pumpkin?!"

"I'll fix that..."
Since Brady loves ringing doorbells and knocking on doors, trick-or-treating turned out to be his cup of tea.  He caught on to the concept pretty quickly, but didn't quite grasp the whole walking away after the door shut.  He also invited himself in on a number of occasions. He is a social Tiger.  Luckily for me, he is no idea that what was given to him was actually edible and delicious, so while he loved having candy in his pail, he was content to let it stay there.

It may or may not have gotten redistributed later in the night when my candy supply ran low.

We had quite a few trick-or-treaters, most of them imported in from nearby neighborhoods.  I like trick-or-treaters, but I was quite happy to turn off my light around 8:15 when my candy ran out.  I think there is an inverse correlation between how dark it is and how cute the "kids" are.

One hoard of kids rang our door before Brady went to bed and as I was handing out the candy, Spiderwoman (who was old enough to know better), reached her sticky fingers out and grabbed the bouncy ball out of Brady's hand and put it in her pail.

Brady gave me a face that looked something like this...
 

So I slapped the pail right out of her skinny hands and told her to go spin her web somewhere else.

Ok, I was a little more diplomatic, but a girl can dream.  This is what Halloween does to people.

And finally, I leave you with a video.  Keep in mind this was taken before we hit up the houses, so Brady wasn't quite grasping the role that his pail played in this strange Halloween event.  And it was orange and round...so give him a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment