Sunday, November 25, 2012

A week in paradise

The last couple weeks have been eventful and I finally feel back to normal.

Normally, coming back from vacation, I hit a post-vacation depression.  This time, after seeing Brady for the first time in 9 days, I had a post-vacation high.  Oh, post-vacation depression came, it just about a day later when I walked out and it was 40 degrees instead of 80.  Then I took a nap and got over it and now I'm back to normal.

My time away from Brady started the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.  I was supposed to leave for the Maui trip on Friday, but my grandfather's passing moved up my trip a few days.  I dropped Brady off with Eric's parents on Wednesday and flew to St. Louis for the funeral.  It was good to see my family and while I missed Brady, I didn't miss him on the flight and it would've been tough to have him during the funeral, burial, etc.  My dad is the oldest of 8 kids and they were all together for the first time in years. 

Grandma and her children
On Friday, I flew to California where the team was playing Long Beach State.  Someone sent this screenshot to Eric during the game.  Note that the time on the DVR was 11:59 Central Time, which was 12:59 Eastern Time, which was all past my bedtime.  Coach Williams happened to catch my TV appearance when they were watching film the next day.  He told me that he was impressed that I was still clapping.
 
 
 
Saturday we flew to Maui.  It was relaxing and wonderful.  Eric had to work much of the time, but I relaxed enough for the both of us.  We did get to hang out a bit.
 

 
Here's one of the pools at our hotel.  Eric and the players are spending their time away from basketball playing basketball.  Great form, but I'm pretty sure he missed this shot.
 
 
On Thursday, Eric and the coaches had no work duties, so we went out on a 4 hour boat trip.  Besides being the only really cloudy day of the trip (therefore a bit chilly), it was a blast.  Our first 30 minutes in to the trip, we saw a beautiful whale.  We also saw flying fish (didn't know there really was such a thing), tons of dolphins that swam right up to our boat (including baby dolphins that made me miss Brady), and sea turtles (which we saw while snorkeling).
 



 
We flew out at 8pm on Thansksgiving and arrived home around lunch time on Friday.  The problem with being so well rested that its harder to sleep on the plane.  I managed a few hours the latter half of the trip, but not like my husband who slept about 9 of the 10 hour flight.  He stayed up the night before and was less rested than myself.

I'm not sure Brady was as excited to see us as we were to see him, but it was a fun reunion.  I think 9 days in toddler time is like 1 year in adult time.  He seemed to have aged so much in a week!

Here's to hoping Eric still has a job at Carolina in 4 years!  Looking forward to Maui 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment