Last Monday, we had a showing scheduled from 1:30-2 (naptime, of course). I went out for a late lunch with a friend and Brady fell asleep on the way home. Normally, he'll transition to the crib but on this particular day, it was pouring down rain when we got out of the car, which woke him up. I put Brady, now fully awake, in the crib, hoping he'd fall back asleep. He played in the crib for about 20 minutes and right before I was about to make a phone call, I noticed he had taken his pants off (thank you, video monitor), he seemed to be concerned with his diaper, and I thought I heard him say "poop."
My suspicions were correct - he had pooped and decided to go on a little excavation. Thankfully, I caught it early and he had only managed to get poop on his hand and rub a little on his arm. A few more minutes and who knows what I would have found. So, I changed him, cleaned him up, and took him downstairs with me, since a nap seemed out of the question. I had a phone interview with Marvin Williams scheduled for an upcoming article, so I made my call while Brady played. My call waiting beeped in soon after the interview started and I ignored the unknown number. I happened to look outside and saw a car idling in front of our house. I then realized that the unknown number was the showing agency. Luckily, my interview wasn't long and after I hung up, I called the number and realized the same agent that showed our house that morning wanted to show it again. So, I went outside (still raining) and told the people they were welcome to come in. Meanwhile, my child had wandered outside behind me with his socks on (now soaking wet) and of course, he was still pantless. And there I am, 9 months pregnant. If nothing else, maybe these people will buy out of pity?
I sprinted upstairs and Febreezed Brady's room which smelled like poop. Thankfully, he didn't fling it around his room. I didn't bother to pick up the 34 toys he managed to get out in the 10 minutes I was on the phone - I figure they had already seen my house clean once, and that was enough.
We went down to the garage while they looked around. After 15 minutes or so, the agent came downstairs to ask me a few questions (including when would we be wanting to close) and let me know they were done. Brady and I followed her up the stairs and ran into the interested couple before they left. The guy who was holding a 5 month old baby said, "I'd feel bad if I left and didn't tell you this...but I actually know your husband."
Since there is rarely a place we go that Eric doesn't know someone, this actually didn't shock me. However, when he said that he went to high school with Eric and was actually in his class, I was surprised. Eric went to a high school 2 hours from here with a graduating class of 150 people.
I wish I had a better ending to the story. Like you know, THEY BOUGHT OUR HOUSE! But no. We were one of the final two choices and they went with two. I told Eric he should have been nicer to him in high school.
So the house selling saga continues. If showing a house with a toddler isn't exciting enough, I can't wait until we have a newborn! Seriously banking on a sympathetic buyer.
No comments:
Post a Comment