Monday, June 24, 2013

Road trip

When thinking about a vacation, most people view the car rides as a necessary evil.  I always looked forward to them.  Admittedly, I'm a terrible co-pilot because I'm usually a) sleeping or b) reading.  That was before I had two kids.  Now, there is a car seat behind me, rendering sleeping almost impossible and the constant chatter/crying makes reading a challenge.

We are at the beach this week with Eric's family, and the 3 hour car ride down was a circus act.  We stopped 3 times before we had even hit the half-way mark.  The first time was to feed Jackson - an expected stop.  10 minutes later, Brady said he had to poop and as our car filled up with an odor that should never come out of such a cute butt, we made a second stop.  15 minutes after that, when Jackson finally stopped screaming, Brady started whimpering...and then the familiar odor once again overwhelmed our car.  So we stopped again, knowing we were on borrowed time with our youngest child who, as I've mentioned, if he's not sleeping in the car, is generally screaming.

Here's a brief clip of what we were dealing with.  This is post-poop, and Brady's stomach feels better, so at least someone was happy.


Of course, the end result is worth it.  The first day it rained all day, but when all you want to do is sleep, that doesn't really matter.  I took 3 naps before 2 pm, and I could've easily gone for 4,  It was raining this morning so everyone except Jackson and I is at the aquarium.  Here is Jackson and I enjoying the view after the rain cleared. 


Ok, I'm enjoying the view.
 
And here's a picture of the boys yesterday.

 
96 hours until we have to get back in the car...


No comments:

Post a Comment