Here's what the Hoots household is up to during the Christmas season:
What we're singing: Jingle Bells? Frosty the Snowman? A little bit, but mostly "Star Spanners." That's Brady-speak for the Star-Spangled Banner, which he asks for incessantly. It's really a song you have to commit to. And I have...about 45 times in the past week. At the end, Brady yells "Fireworks! Boom! Boom!" Too bad football season is over...I guess we'll have to get to the basketball games early enough to catch the national anthem. He may be disappointed by the lack of fireworks (and impressed by the quality compared to his mother).
What we wish for in our stocking: Waffles, according to Brady. I explained to him that Santa would come and fill his stocking up. I asked him what he'd like and he seemed pretty confident in his response.
Cutest Christmas activity: Brady rocking the baby Jesus from our manger scene (who's about 1 inch long).
What we're eating: Jackson has entered the world of solid foods. I can't tell you yet his favorite food, but I can tell you that he's very interested in shoving the spoon as far into his mouth as he can get it.
What we're watching: Team Umizoomi. I'm not sure how Brady got started on it, but its really the only show he watches. I think I made the mistake of allowing Brady to watch TV during the time that Jackson is sleeping. As a clever way to disguise his request to watch an episode, Brady will ask, "Jackson go night night?" He tried it with Baby Jesus, too, letting me know that Jesus was sleeping. I'm on to you Brady...
What we're reading: "It's Not Easy Being Big." Big Bird has it rough sometimes. But it's also not easy being small, according to Elmo. And I get to read all about it, every day.
How we're sleeping: 2 out of 5 stars. Better than one star. I'm going to write a book called "It's Not Easy Being Tired." The idea is that it'll be so boring that you fall asleep after the first page.
How we're feeling: After a HUGE win tonight against Kentucky, very jolly!!

No comments:
Post a Comment