Thursday, December 5, 2013

Sleep training, day 78

Or at least it feels like that.

I'm tired.  Part of the reason is because I stayed up late last night watching the UNC basketball team knock of the #1 team in the country.  And that was WORTH the loss of sleep.  Here's a great video of the post-game celebration.  The band, along with a hundred students, were camped out at the Smith Center to welcome the team home at 3 am.  Know who was also up?  Jackson, of course.  He was also up to watch the end of the game too.  And at 5 am, just to make sure he didn't miss any early morning celebration.

I wish I could say this was an anomaly, but the past 3 nights have been rough.  I've wavered  between picking him up every time he cries and doing anything to get us both back to sleep and letting him cry in hopes of aiding his long term sleep habits.  And everything in between.

Tuesday night I let him fuss/cry from 1030-11 and he eventually fell asleep. He woke up at 1 and I fed him.  Then back up at 3:15.  Clearly, he doesn't need to eat, so I let him fuss/cry (this involves me going into his room several times to try to calm him).  At 4 am, I've had it. So I give in, nurse him, and think about the last 45 minutes of sleep I just wasted.

He's had a bit of a cold, so I'm hoping, hoping, that has much to do with this regression.  I'm tired, but its more mental than physical.  I know its a stage, I know he'll sleep...eventually, but he'll also wipe his own butt at some point and that doesn't make the next dirty diaper any less real.

But isn't he cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment