Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Iowa visitors

My parents came to visit us last weekend and it was great dragging them along to our various weekend events.  The weekend started at the soccer fields where the Wallabies faced off against the Woodpeckers. We arrived 5 minutes before kickoff, and Brady was the lone Wallaby.  The Woodpeckers, on the other hand, had already completed their team stretching and were participating in coordinated drills.  And they were rolling about 12 deep.  Our team staggered in and I think we ended up with 6.  The good news.... Brady got lots of playing time.  And the Wallabies actually won (if they were to actually keep score) despite a lack of any sort of organization.


.
We changed jerseys and zipped over to the Pumpkin Patch where the Bounce House reigned as the activity of choice.

 


  

After naptime (for everyone, I believe), we headed to Tar Heel Town for more Bounce Houses before the Carolina game.  While there, we ran into the real Rameses.


Then off to the game!  It was a perfect football Saturday and though we made an early exit, the Heels pulled off a win. 
 
And yes, Brady travels to the games with his helmet.  I'm just glad he's ok not to travel in full pads.

On Sunday, my dad left and in the evening, we took my mom and the boys to the North Carolina fair.  My mom is visiting from Iowa, where we produce great corn, great basketball players, and a great fair, so the NC one has a lot to live up to.  My mom enjoyed it though it was less grand that the Iowa State Fair, and I shocked her on the walk in when I informed her that they did not serve alcohol at the fair.  People are also not able to bring guns into the fair, a controversy that arose this year.  Shocking that despite the lack of drinking and weapons, throngs of people still show up.  I, for one, would have been perfectly happy to opt out of the fair, but now that I have the moment documented, I can remind Eric that's its my year next year (ie a year that we don't go).



 
After preschool on Monday, we had a picnic in the campus quad.  The weather was so beautiful and my mom and I could and would have easily fallen asleep on the picnic blanket.  I'm not sure my children would have followed our example. So instead, we ate sandwiches, played football, collected acorns (which were subsequently used for batting practice as a replacement for balls).

 
We were sad to see Grandma go on Tuesday and have grand plans to visit the grandparents in Iowa in February.  I hear its lovely that time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment