Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Fashion police

Brady has taught his little brother many things, and I'm thankful for almost all of them.  I watch Jackson interact with kids his age, and I'm happy to report that most of the time, he won't grab toys out of other kids' hands, he is willing to share his toys, he doesn't hit -- these are the landmarks of an agreeable 1-year-old.  Of course, I have to give Jackson credit for this, but I think he takes his cues from his brother, who has shown him a great example. And I can't help but think, knowing Jackson's fiesty spirit, that he may have turned out a little differently with a different kind of brother.

But, it is with a heavy heart that I report Brady appears to have passed down his "quirks" with regards to clothing.  I love a quirky kid, but Brady's quirkiness can be exhausting.  The other night, Eric went upstairs to change Jackson into his pajamas.  Jackson came down wearing a football jersey and Eric came down shaking his head.  Jackson, apparently, was violently resisting the cute footie pajamas, so Eric told him to pick what he wanted to wear.  And so it begins...

I ask Jackson to go grab his shoes whenever we are about to leave.  He always picks the same ones (from a choice of two), and of course, they are the ones I do not prefer.  Try to put the others on and he has a meltdown.

One of Brady's trademarks is layering.  His philosophy: you can't have too many.  Also, wearing pants without shorts underneath is a fashion faux pas.  Three pair of shorts is ideal, although it makes for some bunchy pants.  Fashion has a price.

Below are three examples of pajama options in our house. 
How to layer


Another example in layering.   Notice the color consistencies.  And the hamburger socks.


I'm not sure what look Brady was going for here, but I don't think this outfit had been completed yet.

Another rule: Go big or go home.

And I leave you with this image.  He may cover up under multiple layers each day, but underneath, he is just a cute boy in underwear.  Holding cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment