Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Let the Madness begin (continue)...

Its that time of year again!  I love March for many reasons: windows can be opened,  the porch swing enjoyed, my kids can play outside after 5pm, and most notably, a looong basketball season reaches its most exciting weeks.  My husband will finally start coming home at a reasonable hour... but hopefully not for another few weeks.

Last week, the kids and I packed up and drove to Greensboro for the ACC tournament.  Even though its less than an hour drive, a hotel stay requires planning and packing... neither of which I love to do.  And of course, this was made more difficult since we didn't know if we would be playing one game, four games, or somewhere in between.  On Saturday, you may have seen Jackson donning his spaghetti stained sweatshirt for the second day in a row, a giveaway that I was planning for "somewhere in between."  Thankfully, the Tar Heels were in it for the long haul, and although my kids sleeping patterns were a bit wonky (thanks to an 8:30 championship game), they were troopers throughout the week.  Watching four game with two kids is exhausting and I imagine playing that many is no picnic either.

Lucky for both my kids and me, we sat by lots of people who were happy, or at least willing, to allow Brady and Jackson so invade their seats, eat their food, snatch their iPad, and run the show.





 

And now, for the morning after.  The kids clearly weren't that excited to be back in their own beds, since they all woke up in ours.  Brady is still in his "uniform" from the night before (and he didn't want to take a bath the next night for fear of losing his tattoo."

 
Tomorrow morning we are off to Jacksonville, Florida for what we hope will be two games.  I am thankful for a warm location on the east coast.  Let the madness begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment