Saturday, April 11, 2015

Newton pit stop

Eric is starting up on his annual "barnstorming" tour, where he takes the seniors to play in small gyms across the state.  On Friday night, Eric had to drive 4 1/2 hours west, so the kids and I decided we'd hop in the car with him and he dropped us off at Grandma and Pop's house, which was on the way.

As I was unstrapping Jackson from his carseat, he said "Bye!!"  I asked him who he was talking to and he pointed at me.  I guess he was expecting to be left by both of his parents.  Let it be noted that he didn't seem very torn up about that. 

Eric and I made an IKEA run on Saturday to pick some things up for the boys' new room that they will be sharing.  With no kids in tow, I thought it was a nice trip.  Eric, on the other hand, wanted to gouge his eyes out with pencils. 

I'll take this moment to brag on my children's intellectual and physical abilities (because what's the point of a blog if you can't do that).  Jackson can now count to 10, although 7 usually trips him up. 

 
And Brady had a blast playing every sport with his grandparents.  Baseball is a favorite, although Brady "isn't very good."

 
Life will be boring once more once we head back to Chapel Hill!


No comments:

Post a Comment