Some other things that happened this weekend:
-Friday checkup: I'm giving birth at a birthing center which will be a bit of a different experience than my first two births. As you can see by the pictures, its a nice place to have a kid. Unfortunately, you don't get to enjoy the spacious quarters for too long, as they send you home 4-6 hours after birth. I had to suppress a laugh when the nurse asked if the boys would be present for the birth (this is the type of place where people actually do that). When we were in the room, I explained to Brady that this would be the room that his little brother or sister would be born. The doctor would help mommy have the baby and then we would bring him or her home. My child, who asks 75 questions an hour, said, "ok." No follow-up needed, apparently.
-Painful naptimes. Having the boys share a bed has its advantages... and disadvantages. Like trying to get them both to sleep at the same time. Nighttime usually isn't a big problem (mostly because Jackson crashes), but Jackson gets amped up at nap time and instigated his brother into talking/playing with him. Yesterday, I left to run an errand to Home Depot after 1 pm when the boys were in bed. It was a fairly lengthy visit, but when I walked in, Eric looked frazzled and I heard giggles from upstairs. About 20 minutes after that, I managed to get them to fall asleep, which meant we had to wake Brady up to make it to a 5 o'clock church picnic.
-Painful nighttimes. This applies only to me. Eric seems to have wonderful, uninterrupted nights while I wake up 5-10 times each night. This can be fully blamed on my children, but about 80% of the blame lies in the unborn one. But that other 20% really ticks me off when they come and bug me during a time where I am actually sleeping. I make one, sometimes two trips to the kitchen each night for a snack and make countless trips to the bathroom to pee. I am being adequately prepped for a newborn.
-Durham Bulls game: First and last game of the season. Stayed about an hour. Here was the breakdown of how it was spent: Sitting in (or near) our seats (8 minutes). Standing in front of the mister (14 minutes). Standing in line for the balloon man (37 minutes). Playing with the balloon (1 minute).
-Church nursery. I picked up Jackson after churh on Sunday morning and the workers there were amused by Jackson's antics (the kid loves to talk). He spent his time calling his friend Micah on the phone, building a high dive out of blocks, telling them about preschool, and making sure another little boy didn't escape from nursery, and very insistently trying to tuck his shirt and explain how his shirt needed to be tucked in. Example #239 how Brady has rubbed off on his little brother. It doesn't matter how many times we tell Brady that he doesn't need to tuck in his shirt, he wants, no needs it high and tight. And apparently Jackson is on the same path.
With onsies in our future, we won't be worrying about tucked in shirts (or opinions) for child #3....at least for a while!


No comments:
Post a Comment