Dear Avery,
You've been out as long as you've been in! Hope Earth has treated you as well as the womb. I personally have enjoyed you on this side of things, especially as you've gotten older. You are quite the ball of personality! No one can say you lack that! You don't want to be in your highchair unless you have food (that you like) in front of you. When you finish your food, you pound the table for more. Not the most patient of ladies. I am generally running around like a madwoman trying to keep food on your plate and meet the numerous requests of your brothers. You're crawling up a storm and are pulling up on things. You like being upright, and I think you're going to enjoy walking when that day comes. Which is the opposite of how I need you to be when I'm changing your diaper. That is always an adventure. I got you to lie on your back for about 2.5 seconds during todays 3 minute photoshoot.
Summer has just begun, but we've already put in some good time at the swimming pool Thankfully, you seem to love the water and don't mind getting splashed. Bath time with your brothers has provided some good training. You're my whitest child yet though so you and sunscreen are going to know each other well by the summer's end.
You're still not sleeping well at night. Moving on...
Seeing my kids interact has always been one of my favorite parts of parenting. I love it when the boys make you laugh...and when you make them laugh. "Here comes trouble!" is a Jackson favorite phrase. Their love for you is so sweet.
Grandma is visiting you this week while daddy is away. She has loved hanging out with you...but I think she'll be exhausted by the week's end. She wants me to design a sign for her right now, at 10 pm, and I told her first I needed to finish your letter. She didn't seem to grasp its importance and said, "Just say, 'she's great, pretty much same as last month.'"
Just know I'm not the only one short-changing you.
I love you so very much (and Grandma does, too).
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment