Monday, June 6, 2016

Weekending it in CH

Back to real life in a real way.  I loved my first week with three children and no school BUT I may have had a few moments when I missed preschool.  Definite upsides, definite downsides.  Upside: don't have to be anywhere in the mornings, so mornings are relaxed!  Downside: Don't have to be anywhere in the mornings, so, um, I'm responsible for them.  Upside: Don't have to pack lunches!  Downside: I have to feed them at lunch....and breakfast...and dinner.  These kids always want to eat.  Upside: Pool is open and the kids love it!  Downside: Kids are white and need sunscreen, and help with their shoes, and towels packed, and food packed, and toys packed, and yada yada yada and I'm exhausted before I get there (at which point I have a whole new set of responsibilities).

We had a great weekend here in Chapel Hill.  Eric gets the twitches when he is actually in town with no plans....I love that man but sometimes I wish he would stay put and be happy.  Brady and Jackson had their last soccer game on Saturday morning.  Holy hot, but the kids had a blast.  I pulled out Eric's phone when the refs declared the last play of the day (year) because I hadn't gotten a video of Brady scoring all year (I never have storage).  We had a really young team (Jackson's preschool buddies) so Brady was the oldest and consequently, the only one that scored...the whole year.  Brady didn't have equal competition, but I was proud of him for playing really hard the whole game on offense and defense.

 

 

 
On the car ride home:

Jackson: "Mom, the other team didn't get medals like us."
Me: "Yes, they got medals, too."
Jackson: "But why?  They didn't win!"
Me: "Yeah, but everyone got medals."
Jackson; "But why? They didn't win!"

So I had to have the participation chat with my three-year-old, who seemed to understand the absurdity of the participation award more than the adults.

We went swimming at our friends community pool, which was amazing and I've had to field 88 questions today from Jackson about when we will get to go back.  The gals had fun to playing with pool toys, and cell phones.  Avery loves the water, which bodes well for us this summer.




We ate some pizza afterwards and Layla, (Jackson's age), apparently couldn't get enough of Brady, who obviously, is irresistible.




Here was their conversation after the

Brady: Tackle me again!
Layla: Do what to you?
Brady: Tackle me like what you just did.
Layla: What's tackling?

We had a cookout on Sunday night with some friends and set up a water tether ball.  As if tether ball wasn't fun enough as is, just add some water.



There were 9 children at our house.  I think at one point the majority of them were on Eric.




Three kindergarteners!

No comments:

Post a Comment