Back in Chapel Hill after a fabulous trip away. We flew out of Maui at 5pm after a tasty Hawaiian turkey dinner and got home Friday at noon. The best part of the trip was that I had an entire row on the flight...never have I been so thankful for the perk of taking a chartered flight with the team. I slept about 3 total hours (trip from LA to Chapel hill was only 4 hours traveling east) and that was enough to sustain me until I crashed with the kids at 8pm on Friday night.
The kids did well in our absence, I think. I also think we owe Erics parents a very nice Christmas gift that doesn't include uninterrupted time with their grandkids. Grandma, who took the brunt of the middle-of-the-night shenanigans, looked like she needed a 24 hour nap when we returned.
As for our trip, highlights included doing whatever the heck I wanted. Unfortunately, I was never able to sleep in past 7am, but not being forced to wake up was magical.
Eric had told me our room was not ocean facing. But when this is the "bad" view out of your hotel balcony, life is good.
We did have some ocean sightings. Like all day.
Eric had two slow days, Sunday and Thursday. Sunday we had a lot of beach/pool time and Thursday we chartered a boat for the morning and went snorkeling.
Obviously, this is not me flipping off the boat....though I did, sorry mom. My mom said she "did not appreciate" seeing the videos of my diving off of a cliff and jumping off of a waterfall. Both were incrediblely fun.
When we were driving back to shore, the team had a welcoming crowd on the beach. Here's a cute picture with some of the sign-holders.
One of my favorite days was the day we went hiking in the rain forest. It was probably good that Eric did not join me because within 10 minutes we were fording a river up to our knees wearing our tennis shoes. Needless to say, at the end of the hike, I had very muddy shoes and very prune-y feet.
We at guavas and passion fruit from the trees and enjoyed the beautiful scenery.
Grace is pregnant and was disappointed not to be able to jump in the waterfall like the rest of us, so here's here taking a dip. Note for my mom: the waterfall we jumped off of was not this high.
Here are some horizontal and vertical panoramic views. Our guide had some photographic skills.
Farewell Maui! Until we meet again...
No comments:
Post a Comment