Friday, May 19, 2023

Letters to Jack: 10 years old

 Jack,

Happy whole hand birthday, Jack. You've been counting down the days for the last several weeks, and its great to have a day just for you (even though you had to go to school).  You continue to be the picture of a perfect middle child, the glue that holds the family together.  At dinner last week, dad asked Avery who her favorite sibling was.  She pointed to her left.  Dad asked the same question to Brady and he pointed to his right.  You, of course, were sitting between them.

You are such a thankful kid who appreciates the good things that come his way.  I got to spend last weekend watching you play baseball in Charleston.  After the game on Sunday, you thanked me, like you always do for bringing you to games, and said, "I'm sorry, I know that's probably not how you wanted to spend your Mother's Day."  You were wrong, what better way to spend my Mother's Day than with a grateful kid who is doing what he loves.  And you started the day in an equally thoughtful way.  I hadn't picked my head off the pillow and had barely opened my eyes, when a smiling proud face stood in front of me, holding a pre-made omelet wrapped in foil from the continental breakfast at our hotel.  It may not have tasted good (I wouldn't know), but it felt good.

I'm so glad you came into our lives 10 years ago.  You bring joy to our family and I'm thankful for the young man you are becoming.  You were Jackson when you came into the world, but you're perfectly Jack now.

I love you, Jack.  

Love, 

MOM

No comments:

Post a Comment