Dear AK,
It's finally here! You bounded down the steps (early) today with a huge grin on your face. You made an itinerary last night. 1) Get rede 2) breakfast 3) open presens 4) get my backpack. You love a list! The list stopped at school but if it were to continue, "ear piercing" would have a big star next to it! You got pierced like a champ (not surprising from the girl who begs for shots at the doctors office), and you've had an extra pep in your step ever since.
You have have grown so much this last year, in all respects. You've got legs for days and you're much taller than your brothers when they were at your age (a fact that delights you). You're very mature, and act like a mini adult sometime. Your first grade teacher told you that you're a 20 year old in a 7 year old body. You are very comfortable speaking with adults. I went to pick you up at a birthday party a few weeks back and while all the girls were playing on that pool, I found you on the side chatting up an adult you had just met.
A friend texted me a few months back to compliment my children on how polite they were. She ended it by saying, "And that Avery, she's going places!" You are going places, AK! I have no idea where those places are but I'm excited to watch you get there. This week, you brought home a paper. It said., "My dream is to be a lax playr. and I play lax so I think I will be good at it. but I have to practes a lote to be a lax playr. I want to go to UNC to play."
Avery, I certainly would never bet against you. Being your mom is such a joy and am so thankful for the young lady you are becoming.
Happy Birthday.
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment