Wednesday, May 21, 2025

Letters to Brady: 14 years old

 Brady,


It's hard to believe I'm old enough to have a 14 year old. You are about to be in high school and time seems to be passing quicker the older you are. You've dealt with every transition in your life with confidence and ease, and I'm sure the next one will be no different. You entered the world believing you belonged and you've kept that energy.


8th grade was a big year! Your soccer team won the conference championship and your basketball team went undefeated. It is so fun to watch you thrive on the field and on the court.  In social news, after a long wait, you got a cell phone at Christmas. You waited longer than almost all of your friends, but accepted your late fate and took it in stride. You've been a responsible phone user and I don't take that for granted. I don't need to know everything that goes on in your teenage life, but I do appreciate that you are open, honest, and will give us pretty big glimpses into your life.


Though you have teenage tendencies, you are becoming a responsible young man. You faced a challenging social issue this year and I was impressed with your maturity dealing with this issue. You also dealt with it with kindness and empathy and it gave me confidence that you'll be able to handle future challenges.


Happiest birthday to the boy who made me a mother. I love being your mom.


Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment