Tuesday, May 19, 2026

Letters to Jack:13 years old

Jack,

ThirTEEN! I have a(nother) teenager in the house and I couldn’t be more thrilled! Teenagers get a bad wrap but unless your personality changes overnight, teens are alright! 


You’ve grown into such an awesome young man. I don’t have enough fingers on my hands to count the number of people who have come up to me saying, “that Jack, what a great kid.”  Couldn’t agree more. After a play date a few weeks back, one parent commented how good of a conversationalist you are. I think you had gotten her husband’s ear about the Masters and especially when you’re talking about sports, you can talk! Your love for sports and for numbers and stats and the Yankees (!) has shown through this year. You’ve expressed interests in coming a sports analyst and I couldn’t think of a better job for you! 


You remain the sweet and sensitive soul you’ve always been. When I pick you up from somewhere you immediately take note of my mood and if you sense I’m not smiley and happy you’ll say, “You good, mom?” You’re always monitoring others and you’re so empathetic.


You’ve done great in school this year and have managed any anxiety you’ve dealt with so well. Hard to imagine you’re the same kid you were going in middle school! You’re confident and capable! On Thursdays, you are a reader for a kindergarten class. I love hearing you on Wednesday evenings talking about how you’re excited about Reading Buddies and on Thursday nights telling me funny stories of your kids. Your face lights up when you talk about things you love and as your mom, there’s nothing better than that! 


Jack, I am know great things are in store for you this year and in future years. It’s so easy and fun being your mom and I couldn’t be happier. 


Love,

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment