Last week, I was pretty sick. The last time I threw up was in high school, when I got food poisoning a the Iowa State Fair. So I was a little out of practice. If there is something good about what I experienced, it was that at the peak of my illness, I was in comfort of my own bathroom, and thankfully, Brady was sleeping soundly. Knowing I was traveling in a few days, it got me thinking of what I would do if something like that hit me in an airport (or plane), traveling with a child. Ask a nice looking person to watch my child? Bring him into the 3 foot lavatory?
Eric and I watched the movie "Bridesmaids" last night. In it, one of the characters experienced the dilemma of being sick at a most inopportune time. No baby was involved, but an expensive wedding dress was. If you've seen the scene, it was hard not to feel her pain.
Speaking of pain and being sick in airports, this story I read today may take the cake. A woman traveling over the holidays gave birth in an airport bathroom. In goes the turkey, out goes the baby.
Thankfully, I have no exciting stories to report in our Thanksgiving travels. Brady and I flew to St. Louis to visit my grandparents and parents. Unfortunatley, my grandfather got the flu so we weren't able to see him. Otherwise, it was a great trip. My grandma was thrilled (and suprised) that Brady didn't cry when she held him. I didn't want to break it to her that he doesn't cry when anyone holds him.
Eric came from his Thanksgiving trip to Las Vegas with $80 more than he left with (and a Tar Heel loss). Unfortunately, he needed to win about $1,100 more to cover our next trip....Iowa for Christmas ain't cheap!
No comments:
Post a Comment