After happily throwing the remaining drops of antibiotics in the trash after 10 days of use, we are back on them. It's been an eventful 7 days in the Hoots household. My mom flew in last Tuesday from Iowa and my dad came Thursday (and brought with him the snow). Brady seemed to be feeling fine most of the week, except for his erratic sleeping.
On Tuesday night, he woke up at 12:45 and did not go back to sleep until 4 am. Do the math...that is a long time. If it wasn't so frustrating, it would have been comical. We brought him in our bed after he woke up and thought he'd fall right asleep, this is what normally happens on nights he wakes up. He'd close his eyes for a minute or two, I'd think we were in the clear, then he'd pop up and say something like "dadda!" or "shoot!" or "ball!" He was in great spirits, but clearly he cannot tell time. After an hour, I decided he was going back in his crib. He screamed for a few minutes and wanting to save my mom from the same fate as Eric and me, I got him out and brought him back into our bed. Repeat previous sequence. Finally, Eric took Brady downstairs, turned on the TV, and tried to get him to zonk out. Not able to sleep myself, I came down about 20 minutes later, around 3:15. I walk in and see Eric watching Sportscenter and Brady was shooting baskets like it was the middle of the afternoon. This is what you call dedication, people.
I suggested Eric take him out for a drive to try to get him to pass out in the car. Apparently, he fell asleep after 10 or 15 minutes, but as soon as Eric parked, Brady was back! So it was back to our bed and back to the same song and dance. Not too long later, Eric passed out, Brady passed out and I quickly followed. I have no idea what got into that child. I'd say he wasn't feeling well, but he was in such great spirits that night and even the next day. That is, until Saturday, when he ran a fever.
He seemed to be better on Sunday. Eric and I had a day trip planned for Monday without Brady and when I dropped Brady off with his other grandparents, I thought he was on the mend. Turns out I was wrong, pink eye was back, and I was just a mom pawning her sick child on to someone else. He hasn't slept well at night for a week or so, and I'm thinking he's just trying to ease us back in to newborn mode. Which I am not ready for, by the way.
And speaking of, we got some portraits taken yesterday of the new baby. So it's actually just an ultrasound, but who would know the difference? The consensus is that s/he looks like Brady.
Pretty cute, for a fetus.


No comments:
Post a Comment