Friday, March 1, 2013

I know I'll laugh about this later

...but later is not today.

Want to know what true love is?  Loving your child after he does this:


We have a house showing tomorrow so tonight, I was cleaning up the house.  I had a pile of things at the top of the stairs to be taken down to the basement, including a small can of brown paint and a can of beige paint.  I was coming up the stairs from my first trip down and I see Brady at the top of the stairs holding the paint (brown, of course).  I yelled "no" and he countered by hurling the can down the stairs.

Since the negatives are obvious, let's talk about the positives:
-Nobody was injured...he chose not to throw himself down the stairs (although he's done that before and dealing with the aftermath was way easier).
-The can came to rest on the 4th stair (and dripped down to the 5th) and didn't roll down the staircase.

And I'm done, 2 positives is all you're getting out of me.
 
Needless to say, its been a tough week for us.  I think I mentioned in my last post that I was inexperienced in the subject of vomit.  After a nice night of lying next to the toilet, consider me educated.  Brady was kind enough to pass along his virus to me and it morphed into a terrible creature.  I lost 5 lbs in a day...not the goal for a pregnant lady.  I'm back to 100%, and its a good thing, because today my carpet needed me.  Unfortunately, Eric is currently down for the count, so the score is virus - 3, Hoots family - 0.

But back to the paint.  I honestly thought I had no chance making the carpet even resemble its original color because there was literally a pool of paint.  But over an hour of carpet cleaning brought me to this.


The picture might look slightly better than in real life, but wow, is it better.  Our steamer turned out to be a great investment.  Perhaps the Oreck vacuum company will hire me as a real-life success story and then I'll have some money to paint the walls...which turns out to be the biggest problem.  I immediately tried to wipe the paint off, but it dried quickly.  I went to the store to buy a Magic Eraser, but turns out, it doesn't erase things that are supposed to be on walls...like paint.  If it can't differentiate the brown paint from the white paint, I don't know how it can call itself magic.  And of course, this is the original paint from the house which we do not have.

Please someone buy our house!  Will throw in the child for free!

1 comment:

  1. What a moment that must have been! Also, I couldn't help but notice that the brown paint made a faint but perfect Nike swoosh on the bottom stair in that first picture. Even the chaos is sponsored :)

    ReplyDelete