Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Selling woes
Brady was like, a baby, when this sign first went out front of our house and it's still there! Trying to sell a house has been a true test of patience and while I'm pretty zen about the whole thing, it can be frustrating. Like having 4 of 6 houses in a row on your street for sale. Another example:
On the Wednesday before I left for Kansas City, I had a few things to juggle: I had to pack my bag for my trip, pack Brady's bag for his trip, drop Brady off with this grandparents, let in the people who were coming in to replace carpet (thank you, Brady), meet the guy coming to give us a quote to install granite countertops (not cheap!), and clean the house for potential showings and an Open House on Sunday.
So while the carpet people were installing the carpet in a different area of the house, I picked up my purse and realized my coffee mug had not been closed tightly. Coffee had leaked through the bottom of my purse and on to the carpet at the bottom of our steps in our entryway. So I hauled the steamer up from the garage and the stain came up without a problem. I'm getting very good at using that.
Imagine my welcome home surprise when I walked in the door at 1:30 am on Sunday night and saw a large brown stain, bigger than the original, in the same spot. I was perplexed. I thought perhaps someone had tracked in mud during the Open House, but it didn't really look like a shoe print and when I smelled it, it smelled like coffee. Coffee in the same spot that I had previously cleaned? A little bit too coincidental, so I thought maybe I was losing my mind. After pondering for a few hours the next morning, I realized that I left my house when the carpet was still wet. And I most likely set my purse (which clearly hadn't been fully cleaned from the coffee) on the wet carpet. Genius. I felt smart for solving the puzzle, not so smart for putting a coffee-stained purse on wet carpet. I'm thinking perhaps I need hardwood floors in my next house.
We did have one showing while we were gone. While I was sitting on the bus after the Kansas game, waiting for the team to board, I read my email. Whenever I see "feedback response" in the subject line, I get hopeful, and I thought this might turn my mood around.
Nice but client liked other floor plans better & this one needs some updating. Best feature is Tarheel memorabilia room...go Heels....beat Kansas!
It did not help my mood. The only thing worse than that feedback is if they had mentioned the large brown stain at the bottom of the stairs. I'm thinking about putting a "memorabilia included" on the door to that room for the next showing. Inevitably, Duke fans will show up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment