Tuesday, March 26, 2013

KC and prepping for a baby (at least one person in the house is)

Third time turned out not to be the charm for the Tar Heels in Kansas City.  In the last five years, I've witnessed Kansas beat Carolina three times to end the season and none of them were particularly fun to watch. 

But the trip to Kansas City was a good time regardless.  I debated about bringing Brady along but with the cold and snowy weather and 1:30 am arrival time home to Raleigh, it was probably good I did not.  Without Brady in tow, not much excitement to report from my trip.  My body doesn't seem to know how to sleep in anymore, but I took some naps and did lots of reading, which for me, qualifies as a great and exciting vacation.  My parents came down for the first round game on Friday, so it was good to see them as well.

Brady kept his other grandparents occupied in Newton and thanks to some picture and video updates, we were entertained as well. 



This is Brady and "Big Sam," Eric's doll from childhood.  Not sure if "Sam" is really short for Samantha or its actually a male doll, but I just love the fact that Eric had a doll growing up (and that "he's" still around!).

Brady seems to be doing more preparation for our baby's impending arrival than either of his parents.  In my head, there was a very specific order to things: sell old house, buy new house, prepare for the baby to arrive, deliver baby.  I am very slowly coming to the realization that since the first two have not happened yet, I might need to skip to step ahead a few steps.  But hey, I've got 7 weeks and probably more if this one likes to cook longer like Brady, so PLENTY of time...right?

This picture below from a play area in Durham, prior to the trip.



 Brady kept insisting on crawling into the doll's crib, even after it tipped over and he cracked his head on the hardwood. I think he was trying to tell me something, so we left for home soon after to take a nap.

I'm not sure if other kids will just lie down anywhere when they get tired, but mine certainly will. 


And this is from lunch today.  Apparently, nothing exciting on the menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment