My college teammate and friend Beth, came with her family to visit us for the long holiday weekend. Her husband works for the Army and they are stationed in Virginia for a brief time. I haven't seen Beth in almost a decade, so I was so excited for her to come visit me, especially since that meant visiting her new baby, Adelaide! I don't know if her big eyes and look of permanent surprise were natural or a product of the two crazy boys she got to hang out with all weekend, but she was adorable both in looks and personality.
We had a great weekend of playing, watching some Carolina hoops, and some Bronco football. Beth is from Colorado and made an instant fan out of "Bronco Brady." Her husband, Shawn, is from Seattle (therefore a Seahawks fan), but failed to bring a t-shirt for Brady, so its pretty obvious where his support will be Super Bowl Sunday. Yes, all it takes is a t-shirt.
Before we could watch the Broncos on Sunday, we took the Petersons to their first Carolina game on Saturday. They proved to be good luck and the Heels came away with a much-needed win. as you can see Adelaide was
wide awake during the whole game.
 |
| Pardon the....distraction. |
We took another visit to the Smith Center where a spirited game of PIG took place. First person out: Eric. Second person out: Shawn. Not that its surprising that Beth and I were the last two remaining, but can you imagine how bad we would have beat them if we actually had shoes on?
Luckily, it won't be another decade before I see Beth. We'll reunite at a wedding in Birmingham in less than two weeks!
Love it! Thanks so much for having us. We loved our Carolina visit and I can't get Shawn to stop cheering, "Let's go Tarheels!" and "Lets' go Seahawks!" I thought those chants were purely for Bronco Brady's entertainment but apparently they are for mine as well!
ReplyDelete