But before the snow, there was sun and warmth! My mom most definitely didn't bring that from Iowa, and she celebrated the weather by doing hours of yard work (with Brady's help), since Eric and I essentially ignore our yard (and all the work that should be done).
On Thursday, before my mom headed back to Iowa, Jackson and I hopped on a plane to Birmingham for the wedding of my old teammate, Martha. Our good friends, Jerod and Mindy, were kind enough to put us up, along with a few of my friends. My old teammate Beth came with her baby and adding our crew with the three Haase children (all homebound with school cancellations), it was an active house!
The first night we got there, we went to cheer on Jerod who's the head coach of UAB. The Blazers won, although (thankfully) Jackson witnessed very little of the game.
The youngest Haase child is Gabby, who was unsure about the baby who invaded her home and tried to take her toys. She's cute as a button though.
On to the main event. It was beautiful noon wedding so I was able to drag Jackson along. He and his buddy Adelaide (thankfully) slept through the whole ceremony so they were ready to party for the reception.
We headed home on Super Bowl Sunday. Lucky for Beth and I, we got on the same flight to Charlotte. Unlucky for all the other passengers, Adelaide and Jackson got on the same flight to Charlotte. I think Adelaide screamed 80% of the time and Jackson picked up the slack for the other 20%. We may or may not have got a round of applause when we exited the plane.
I love traveling, but it always makes me appreciate home. It was cute to see how happy Brady was to see his brother. The first thing he wanted to do was rub his head. Strange kid.












No comments:
Post a Comment