Friday morning, we made the 30 minute drive to the birthing center where I will be delivering. Afterwards, Brady wanted to "do something fun" so I took them to the mall nearby to play in the kids area. This area has a ton of things to climb on, and I spent the first five minutes telling Jackson not to jump off various play structures. He came to a pretend stack of books about 2-3 feet off the ground, asked if he could jump, and I gave the stamp of approval, knowing that he's jumped off things that high frequently. 3 seconds later, he is lying on the ground crying, unable to even limp over to me. After it was determined that he could not bear any weight, we drove to the pediatrician. On the way there, Brady told Jackson that he was "really lucky" because he was not going to get a shot at the doctor's office.
Feeling like we hadn't met our quota of doctor's bills for the day, we hit up the orthopedist and got x-rays, which showed no fracture. So we had to wait it out, no pun intended, since Jackson would not put any weight on his leg. Saturday showed slight improvement, but Jackson wouldn't take more than a few steps and everyone's frustration level was pretty high. I love Jackson, but I do not like carrying him everywhere. Sunday was better, though I think Eric's patience with the patient wore pretty thin by the end of the weekend. Today, if you ask him, "What did daddy say?" Jackson will dutifully respond, "No whining." That doesn't mean he will actually follow through with that command, but after being told that all day, the message got through. Eric may or may not have been happy to go back to work today. Although we paid Eric a visit at work this morning.... here is a video of Jackson's current walk.
It is pitiful, but cute.
Brady is still highly active, however, and is willing to make up for Jackson immobility with activities of his own. This afternoon, before we took a dip in the pool, Brady and his friend played some tennis.


No comments:
Post a Comment