-Lazy mornings in bed: A 9 am start time won't push us out of the bed too quickly, but I have so loved lazing in bed with my boys this summer. Both boys love to hop in the bed each morning and snuggle up while daddy gets ready for work. I love it more. Brady and Jackson are usually up early in the 7 o'clock hour, but sometimes we don't head down for breakfast until close to 8. And not needing to rush out the door has been nice. Combine a baby to deal with (who might not be so good at relaxing in the bed), lunches to make, and three kids to get ready to head out the door, and Fall might bring different looking mornings.
-Pool time: We've had a great time at the pool this summer. Its the first summer since kids that I can have something that resembles a relaxing time poolside. Its been fun to watch Brady learn to swim and the pool has brought some much needed pregnancy heat relief during this hot summer.
-Warm clothes weather: Clothing has always been a challenge in our house. Mostly, because Brady, and now Jackson, actually care what they wear. I'm reminded that last year, Brady, king of layers, would insist on wearing shorts underneath his long pants each day. Jackson has begun to pick his clothes out each day, and between the two kids and working with multiple layers, socks, and coats, I'm just not sure I'm ready for Fall/Winter.
Neighbor time: Every day, when Brady wakes up from his nap, he requested so play date with his best buddy Micah. It's so lovely (for all of us) when Micah comes over because he occupies my boys, sometimes for hours! Gracie is his sister and she helps too. While we will still have play dates with Micah, the school year brings a busier schedule (though I don't imagine the requests will waver).
-Brother time: Yes, they will certainly still get lots of brother time, but it will decrease with Brady in school 4 mornings a week. And with some very notable exceptions, they are very sweet together. I wish I could tape record their conversations. A few I can remember:
The other day, Jackson was telling Brady that some toy or another was his. Brady's response: "Jackson, its our toy. Ours. You really need to start getting better at that."
Jackson watching Brady go poop in the potty. Like, literally, all up in his business watching the poop go in the toilet. "Brady, you need privacy?" he asked when the job was complete.
This afternoon, Jackson kept asking Brady, "Why?" after everything he said. "Jackson, quit asking why??!!" he exclaimed with frustration.
Oh, the sweet irony.
Goodbye summer... on to the next adventure!
The other day, Jackson was telling Brady that some toy or another was his. Brady's response: "Jackson, its our toy. Ours. You really need to start getting better at that."
Jackson watching Brady go poop in the potty. Like, literally, all up in his business watching the poop go in the toilet. "Brady, you need privacy?" he asked when the job was complete.
This afternoon, Jackson kept asking Brady, "Why?" after everything he said. "Jackson, quit asking why??!!" he exclaimed with frustration.
Oh, the sweet irony.
Goodbye summer... on to the next adventure!




No comments:
Post a Comment