Sunday, October 11, 2015

My name is Avery and I am a screamer

Admitting you have a problem is the first step in solving it, right?



I am sorry that I have been absent lately, I've been pretty busy not sleeping.  Avery has put us through the ringer these past few weeks.  The good news is that any doubts we may have harbored about Avery being the last child have completely disappeared (for the record, those doubts didn't actually exist).

Avery is what you call, a screamer.  Of course, you can't have an infant without some screaming, but Avery seems to serve up more than her share.  While their is never a great time for screaming, the middle of the night is a particular blood-pressure raising time to do it, and Avery has done her share.

I've had my share of sleepless nights with all my kids, but Avery is the first to wail for long periods of time, and for seemingly no reason.  Sometimes, she is up for hours... yes their is an "s" at the end of hour, meaning more than one!  That is something I am not accustomed to, nor to I wish to be.  A few days ago, she slept from 2pm to 9pm with maybe 30 minutes of awake time within that period.  And I tried to keep her up, but when a baby wants to sleep, she will sleep (and the flip is true as well). Needless to say, that night was rough.  The last few days have been a bit more typical human behavior (awake during the day and asleep at night), so that bodes well for the future.  I will cross my fingers and my toes that Avery figures things out.

In the meantime, please send earplugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment