Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Grandma and Grandpa visit

Grandma and Grandpa Howe came to vit us last week.  It was Grandmas second visit and Grandpa's first.  Grandma noticed a big change in Avery from the month before.  Basically, she was less of a baby terrorist.



That's right, Avery is becoming more human, which in turn, is making me feel more human.  She's not sleeping through the night, but she's not screaming through it either.  She's not loving the car, but she doesn't act like she's being tortured every time she gets in it.  Her tummy still gets upset on occasion, but I no longer feel like I'm poisoning her with my milk.

So, we will keep her.

The boys were thrilled to have the attention of their grandparents, especially Grandpa who they couldn't get enough of.  Perhaps because he does things like put the children in the garbage can.  Which I've thought of doing many times, but haven't actually pulled the trigger.




My parents planned their trip last week because I was in charge of running a silent auction on Friday night.  It was super helpful to have help with the kids, and help with the auction itself as I recruited my mom to help set up.  My mom helped with my other jobs, too, which are raising kids and making signs.  Today I celebrated sales from my new Etsy store reaching double digits.  Free labor sure is nice.  She also did yard work for hours.






Avery got to spend some mom-free time while I worked and I'd like to say she was an angel, but that would be lying.  I guess it should make me feel good that she prefers her mom?  But sometimes I wouldn't mind playing second fiddle.



This picture sums up life pretty well...

 
Brady and Jackson running circles around Avery, while she sits there shell-shocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment