Monday, November 2, 2015

Happy Halloween

 
Happy November! At one point in the writing of this blog, I would have written a thoughtful post and uploaded pictures on Halloween night itself. Nowadays, I collapse in a heap at the conclusion of about every night.  So I would say a two-day-after post should be considered a success.
 
We had a ton of fun on Halloween. The plan was to have two Spider-Men, but in a last minute change-of-heart, we got a football player and a Spiderman.  This is the reason I will never spend much time or money on my children's Halloween outfits (if 4 outfit changes a day have taught me one thing...).
 
 
 
Spider-Man has an identity crisis
 
We had dinner with the Davis family next door, which itself would qualify as a wonderful evening by my children.  They got the bonus of trick-or-treating.  Last year, Brady's little legs had a hard time keeping up, and I remember sweet Micah (age 9) was so good about waiting for Brady.  This year, Brady had no such trouble.  Jackson held his own pretty well too, and never required holding.  Probably because he was very motivated by the things that went into his basket.  There was a clear difference between Jackson trick-or-treating as a two-year-old and Brady doing the same.  I'm not sure if its a second child thing, or just a Jackson thing, but when Brady was two, I remember him filling his bucket around the neighborhood, coming home and him having absolutely not interest (or clue) about what was in his pumpkin.  Jackson, by contrast, both knew and cared.  In fact, he seemed to be mad after our first house on the street gave him toys (they were a teal pumpkin, allergy house).  And after the first candy got dropped in his bucket, he wanted to eat it immediately.
 
I made the mistake of not hiding the buckets the morning after.  What ever the opposite phrase of "out of site, out of mind" is, that describes the day after Halloween.  I told him he could have a piece of candy after lunch.... about 1000 times.  He'd even repeat it back to me, right before asking if he could eat it right now.
 
Last night, after dinner, I told him he could pick out one piece of candy.  He did, but Brady was slower with his dinner, so Jackson had to get tortured watching Brady eat his piece of candy after Jackson was done.  Jackson actually asked me if I could take the candy out of his stomach, presumably to get around the "one-piece" rule.  He is quite the piece of work.
 
Not much to report about Avery in regards to Halloween, except the candy that she did not ingest seemed to keep her up all night.  Halloween night was particularly rough, though in general, she has been doing better!  Here's hoping to an even better November!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment