Wednesday, April 27, 2016

April update

Oh, where to start. Perhaps my current situation? It's 5:45 am, and I've been up with Avery for an hour. Weird, right, that she would wake up at 4:45? Unfortunately, no, it's apparently a thing. This is the second morning in a row she's gotten up at this time.  She averages about 1 out of 3 mornings.  Yesterday morning she didn't go back down until 7 (so convenient! Right when the other children wake!) but she's relaxed in my arms right now as I rock her and I'm optimistic that I'll be able to head back to bed soon.

When she's not waking up at 4:45, she's still not sleeping well. I could fill the page with her issues and my frustrations, but I'll leave it alone for now.

But this face of hers sums up how I feel about the whole situation.


Moving on, so much for April calming down. Eric was gone for basically 2 weeks straight on his barnstorming tour with the seniors. And since he didn't drive enough during that time, he took Brady to a Charlotte Hornets playoff game on Tuesday. Brady got to meet and high-five Michael Jordan. Just another Tuesday night for Brady. And below is a picture of Wednesday morning. (In) Conveniently, Eric had to leave early so guess who got to deal with aftershocks of a late night?




Speaking of basketball, I got a babysitter last night so I could go to the basketball banquet. These are not usually my favorite date nights, but I really enjoyed last night. Mostly, because of the amazing senior class. Marcus Paige is my favorite Tar Heel of all time, and I don't think it's even close. It was very sweet in his speech last night, when he was thanking Eric for all he did, and he got choked up when he mentioned how he'll miss seeing Brady running by in his high socks. And how cool is has been to FaceTime with Jackson and have Jackson recognize him and be excited to see him (we Facetimed a lot the last few weeks while dad was traveling). Hearing how much genuine gratitude Marcus had for everyone in the room was touching, especially because everyone in the room had so much gratitude for Marcus. Brice was heartfelt too, though a touch less eloquent. He thanked Eric, talked about the boys, and said how he hoped he could have a family like ours own day.  So sweet! Coach Williams told the room that Eric has 700 jobs and does 699 of them well. The one he needs work on? Losing weight. Eric lost (is losing) a bet to Coach that he'd be down to 185 lbs by May 1st. And had to announce his weight to the room...199.

I've seen a huge spike in business for myself this month. I've done over $1,000 in sign sales for the month! That's a lot of signs and frankly, a lot of work. But knowing I can manage it with a baby, two boys, and a traveling husband is a good feeling.  But can someone come organize the rest of my life?

Here's a few more pictures from life lately.










No comments:

Post a Comment