Avery: Boss baby runs the house. She is very sweet but can be quite the bully. Here's a video that pretty much sums up her behavior.
85% of the time the boys give in to her without trouble, 10% of the time Jackson gives in but gets upset, and 5% of the time, Avery loses her mind because she doesn't get what she wants. She probably could use a little more of that, but right now I'm just happy when peace reigns. The other day, Jackson's sweet friend came over, and while Avery was napping, zero conflict. Before and after her nap, though, the little girl was frustrated by Avery trying to play with the things she was using (and she herself even has a little sister, apparently a less bossy one). At one point she asked, "'Miss Amy, can you put Avery back to bed?" To be fair, I've asked the same question of myself many days.
Also, Avery still sleeping poorly at night. On average, she wakes up three times. Usually, I try to let her just cry for one of those times and the others, I nurse her because frankly, I'm tired. Eric and I went to a wedding two weekends ago and the kids stayed with Eric's parents for a night. She woke up 5 times. So yeah, it's something "we" need to work on if I plan to go to Maui in November and expect that my in-laws won't kick me out of the family.
But other than that, Avery is awesome. She's got spunk and personality and knows her mind. She doesn't lack attention either.
And she's awfully cute.
Jackson: The big news with Jackson is his recent breakout. It came on Saturday a few hours after eating Chic Fil A (not sure if it was the CFA or something else). It had eased a bit by the next day and he ate peanut butter filled pretzels. His whole face broke out and he looked pretty bad the rest of the day. He was such a trooper and never complained, even though he had cuts all over him from where he'd been itching. We see the allergist tomorrow and hope to get answers.
He's great today and other than the incident, he's a wonderful kid. My biggest frustration is that he wants to eat all throughout the day. He asked me this morning at 8am with all seriousness....if it was lunch time. Then we actually ate lunch with Eric at work today and on the drive home he asked what we were eating for lunch when we got home.
Brady: Brady's rocking it in kindergarten. He comes home exhausted and asking if a friend can come over. If the answer is no, he'll usually retreat somewhere and pass out. I often try to prevent this as he's a zombie when he wakes and gets his second wind around bedtime. He participated in the Fun Run for his school a few weeks back. I had to emphasize "fun" and explain it wasn't a race.
He went to school today with two very high and very different socks on. So if you see kindergartners around town rocking different socks, it may be my trendsetting son who began it.
Yesterday, he was asking about grades and how many grades there were in school. I explained to him about elementary, middle, high school, and college. Then he asked, "what do you do after college....go to the NBA?"
Me: Clearly, we're going youngest to OLDEST, but that said, another birthday has come and gone. It was great. Cupcakes with the kids and dinner without them.
It is now 12 hours later, I am off the bike, into the bed and substantially more tired and unable to form clever or coherent sentences. To sum things up, I paint a lot and sleep a little.
Eric: Running on fumes this week getting ready for Late Night with Roy. He's managed to come home around 7 each night to tuck the boys in, then drive back to work for Late Night practice. If I was him I might pull a George Costanza and sleep under my desk. Or maybe just on the nice comfy couch he has in his office. But we appreciate how hard he works for our family, and Carolina Basketball better do the same!
No comments:
Post a Comment