Today she pointed at her play stroller and I put a doll in it thinking that's what she wanted. She (forcefully) threw the doll on the floor and continued pointing and grunting. I realized she wanted me to put her in the stroller.
She is loving the newfound freedom associated with walking. And I love it to, because she is slightly (not fully) less clingy.
She likes to be in the mix.
I don't know if she'll have the strong style preferences of her brother, but while she doesn't have a an opinion (that she can voice), I'm enjoying dressing my girl!
She went to her one-year appointment last week and it was traumatic. I know every one-year-old cries while receiving their shots, but this was another level. She received four shots and had to get blood drawn. After the shots, the nurse told me it was actually good that she was screaming to hard because the blood would flow faster. Yeah, it flowed, but she was a hot mess.
Fast forward to today when I went in to my annual checkup. I had to get blood drawn and as soon as the doctor put the rubber thing around my biscep so my vein would pop, Avery started clawing at it and clearly wanted it off. I jokingly mentioned that she was probably remembering her experience, but that become a joke no longer when Avery watched them put the needle in my arm. She lost her mind for the entire time (and trying to comfort a screaming baby while getting blood drawn is a challenge). She kept her eye on the doctor the whole time and I wouldn't calm down until she was out of the room. Ironically, the "Doctor" was actually the midwife who delivered her. I'm not sure if Avery cried that hard a year ago when she first entered the world!
Our spunky one-year-old is keeping us on our toes!
No comments:
Post a Comment